History of Ameridrives Couplings

History of Ameridrives Couplings

Company History

Ameridrives Couplings began manufacturing in 1928 as the Mechanical Drives Division of Zurn Industries. Through the years Ameridrives Couplings has pioneered many improvements to keep in step with changing technologies of power transmission equipment. In the early 1950's Ameridrives Couplings patented the Amerigear fully crowned gear tooth coupling, the secret of superior mechanical power transmission. The basic gear coupling design was the stepping stone for the development of reliable and economical Amerigear Mill Spindles.

Ameridrives Couplings Erie, PA Facility

Ameridrives Couplings introduced the Ameriflex non-lubricated diaphragm coupling in 1971 for the increased demands of high performance turbomachinery equipment. Since 1978 we have supplied high capacity industrial Universal Joints to round out our offerings for mill product applications. In 2008, the Ameridisc high performance disc coupling was introduced to complement the Ameriflex diaphragm product. The newest addition to the Ameridrives product line came in 2010. Ameriloc locking devices allow customers to make keyless shaft to hub connections. Offering a wide range of sizes and style, this product is suited for many applications.